Mark Hilliard & Jamie Davidson Present the Grills & Mills Color/Infrared Workshop…
This Promises To Be The Best Workshop Of The Year!
September 18 to the 21st
If you EVER desired to MASTER, and I mean really MASTER Infrared and Color location photography in image visualization, setup and capture, plus intense classroom work in image edit planning and perfect processing implementation then THIS is the workshop for you.
The location is beyond amazing! Old Car City has acres of rusty old cars and trucks (perfect color and IR subjects) for you to wander through and work both on the broad picture but amazing closeup detail images that will leave you filled with a sense of wonder and excitment that will last a lifetime!
Now, add onto this several world class Grist Mills and you are guaranteed to walk away with having mastered image visualization, capture and processing of your infrared and color dream images from an area of the country filled with scenes that others can only dream of visiting and capturing!
Heck, we might even throw in a covered bridge or two!
Jamie will drive you for perfection of your artistic image visualization behind the lens to produce your best images possible while out in the field. Mark will teach you the secrets of perfect infrared capture in your camera in the field and planning and implementing the absolute best color and infrared post processing in the classroom. Jamie will also teach you the wild side of the more artsy/fartsy infrared post processing in the classroom!
Some of the knowledge that you will walk away from the workshop with:
- Total understanding of what makes a GREAT infrared and color image dependent upon your subject!
- Understanding what different infrared spectrums will mean for your image and how to choose the proper external filter to modify your camera capture what you visualize.
- Understanding what subject components to look for to create that perfect image.
- Mastering your camera as a tool to create your photographic vision.
- World class location photography
- Understanding how white balance can affect your final image and how to manipulate it according to your own vision.
- How to get the best image through the RAW conversion process and choosing the best software tool to accomplish this.
- Learning the complete infrared post processing recipe for RAW, Faux Color and B&W final images.
- Mastering the channel swap for Faux Color Infrared processing.
- Mastering the Nik Filter set for infrared and color post processing.
- Learning how to apply textures to create more mood in your images.
There is much more of course like lots of one on one time with Jamie and Mark but more importantly, seeing how both of them approach a scene themselves as a learning exercise to scene and subject development.
We will have lots of loaner infrared cameras and filters for you to experiment with along with those you bring along with you. This will help you visualize what the other IR options will allow you create then to actually take the cameras out with you to create with!
Now, at this point I have to tell you that as intense as this all sounds, it is actually very easy access to everywhere we will visit. After 7 spinal operations if I cannot walk it then we don’t go! So you can rest assured that all of our locations are easy access and safe! But that does not mean that you will not get worked. We expect for you to get as much out of our workshops as possible so you need to expect long hours of lens time and computer time. You will need both to master all that we will be teaching.
Weather will determine which Mills/Bridges and the order that we actually visit them, but we have 4 on our list in the area around our home base. The Berry College Mill is a highlight mill that will promise to visit along with a long time at Old Car City! So you will be assured of many beautiful locations in order to capture those perfect images for your portfollio!
If you have any questions you can contact both Mark and Jamie at the addresses below plus you can download the Atlanta Info PDF sheets on the right hand BOX menu. Simply click on the file and it will download to your desk top!
Space is limited to the first 10 applications and hotel space is limited do make your reservations soon!